Entries now Open – Enter Here.
ENTRIES CLOSE 20/6/21
The High Life Ultra Saturday 3rd July 2021
*** New 20 mile race option now available ***
Please read the following update on all of our events that take place during CoVid restrictions. Information on this page will be updated when required and will supersede any other information on this page. Please note that courses may be amended to take into account restrictions. – It is hoped that CoviD restrictions will no longer be in place when this event takes place – we will continue to keep you informed
For up to date information and chat about this event please join this Facebook Group
For up to date information and chat about all our events please join this Facebook Group
Distance: 32/50/80/105/130km (20/31/50/65/80 miles)
Climb: 1150/1300/2000/2400/3000 metres (3850/4200/6500/8000/9500 ft)
Maximum Entrants: 100
Cost: 20miles=£35, 50km =£65, 80km = £80, 105km = £90, 130km = £95
Car Park, Registration & Finish: Station Top, Otley off East Chevin Road
6.15am : 105km & 130km
8:20am : 80km
8:30am : 50km
8:40am : 20Mile
Event Closes: 4.30am on Sunday 04/07/21
Maps Recommended: OS Explorer Maps OL2, 288 and 297. The 20 mile and 50km routes will also be taped.
Basic Route Details: The High Life is just that, starting from Otley it takes you to the highest points surrounding Otley for the best views around. Top the moors of Baildon Moor, (Skipton Moor), Askwith Moor, Lindley Moor, The Chevin, Rombalds Moor and others.
Checkpoints: Each checkpoint will have water, coke, crisps and energy bars.
- Checkpoint 1: Weecher Reservoir 14km (8.5 miles): Open 9.30am to 12noon – Water Only
- Checkpoint 2: Ilkley Moor 21km (13.5 miles): Open 10.15am to 12pm
- Checkpoint 3: Skipton Moor 34km (21 miles) (Not on 50km course) BAG DROP: Open 11.30am to 2.15pm
- Checkpoint 4: Addingham 27/47km (17/29 miles): Open 10.45am to 4pm
- Checkpoint 5: Timble 41/61km (25/38 miles): BAG DROP: Open 12.00pm to 6.30pm
- Checkpoint 6: Lindley Wood Reservoir 74km (46 miles): (Only on 50km course): Open 12.15pm to 5pm
- Checkpoint 7: Stainburn Forest 74km (46 miles): (Not on 50km course): Open 3pm to 8.30pm
- Finish : Station Top, Otley
- (For 105/130km race add 22km/14 miles to all checkpoint distances
The 20 mile race visits CP1 and CP2 then has an additional Water Stop at Menston after 17 Miles
GPX file for the 2o mile race : Highlife 20
GPX Files for the ultra distances : The High Life 2021 Ultra Gpx Files
Here is the revised route description for the 2020 routes: The-High-Life-route-Description-2021 FIN
All other revised information has been sent to all runners and marshals. You can find a copy of it here: Final competitor Instruction sheet for The High Life 2021
Previous Years Results:
Every finisher receives a medal, A ‘High Life’ Tech T-shirt. Each of the four distances represents a different race, and has separate trophies. If you swap courses during the race, you are no longer eligible for a trophy.
Bryn Evans video of The High Life 2019